Events Management second edition provides an introduction to the principles and practices associated with planning, managing and staging events. The book:
* Introduces the key concepts of event planning and management
* Discusses the key components for staging an event, and covers the whole process from creation to evaluation
* Examines the events industry within its broader business context
* Provides an effective guide for producers of events
* Contains learning objectives and review questions to consolidate learning
Now in its second edition, this successful text has been fully revised and updated to include new case studies and chapters on event tourism, project management of events, strategic marketing, and issues and trends. It is full of real-life case studies which illustrate key concepts and place theory in a practical context. Examples include the Edinburgh International Festival, Glastonbury Festival, Vodafone Ball, MTV Awards, Notting Hill Carnival, T in the Park and the Daily Mail Ideal Home Show.
Events Management is the must-have introductory text providing a complete A-Z of the principles and practices associated with planning, managing and staging events.
Events Management is supported by a website (http://em.worldofevents.net) which includes updates, downloadable figures form the book and an online ‘history of events’, together with links to websites and other resources for both students and lecturers.