Through this chapter, the student will be exposed to identify the major dimensions and implications of international marketing in the current increasingly globalized business environment.
Listed below are the ﬁve main objectives of this chapter:
1. To realize the need to introduce a global dimension to the marketing concept
2. To analyze the deviations of international marketing and the necessary adaptations to standard marketing methods and practices
3. To present the additional dimensions to the marketing mix elements on issues that need to be addressed when marketing is applied on a global scale
4. To describe major trends that are shaping the future of international marketing
5. To discuss the implications for marketing processes of economic and social development worldwide (which are of particular interest to the marketer).