Philosophy No matter how well planned a project has been, if there is no control over changes, this will destroy any chance of bringing the project in on schedule and to budget. In any project there will be changes for many reasons:
* Government legislation has changed and this must be reﬂected in the product speciﬁcation
* The users change their mind on what is wanted
* Because the development cycle is making the user think more and more about the product, extra features suggest themselves for inclusion
* There is a merge of departments, change of responsibility, company merger or takeover, which radically alters the project deﬁnition
* The supplier ﬁnds that it will be impossible to deliver everything within the agreed schedule or cost
* The supplier cannot meet an acceptance criterion, such as performance
* A product delivered by an outside contractor or another project fails to meet its speciﬁcation.