Meet the demands of a competitive worldwide competitive economy. Discover the relevance of these 16 global HRD trends to your organization:
* Strategy and training * Needs assessment and analysis
* Performance improvement * Corporate universities
* Training and delivery * Shared responsibilities
* Systematic evaluation * Measuring the return on investment (ROI)
* Training costs * Profit centers
* Budgeting * Learning objectives
* Management partnerships * Technology
* Global training programs * Outsourcing
Jack Phillips noticed something while consulting for organizations all over the world. He discovered that training and development departments - even though they are in different countries - experience many of the same issues and challenges. He recognized and then researched, sixteen critical global HRD trends.
These sixteen noteworthy trends were formulated by surveying thirty-five organizations in various industrialized countries, as well as actually working with training and development departments across the globe. This firsthand global HRD experience verified and brought to life the trends.
As a result of the author's investigation, 'HRD Trends Worldwide' outlines each HRD trend and helps you thoroughly understand them all and, more importantly, put them to good use.
This text presents the survey results and explains each trend through examples and evidence. To help you work with the trends, the text provides an examination of each trend's potential impact on your training and performance improvement functions.
Every HRD and training and development professional interested in meeting the demands of a competitive worldwide economy should make reading this book a priority.