chapter  2
12 Pages

Establishing effective working relationships

There is no law that says you need a solicitor or an accountant. However, you will require a solicitor to draw up all the documents required when setting up the business and when problems arise with customers, suppliers and the local authority (e.g. noise complaints from the neighbours). You will require an accountant to audit your accounts, advise on financial matters, sort out your tax returns, make sure that you avoid overpayment of tax, and to deal with the Customs and Excise officials over your VAT payments and returns. Therefore it is a necessity that you make every effort to maintain good working relationships with them.