'Designed to provide all the key data and information needed by enginers, this handbook is a concise reference manual.'
Professional Electrician, February 2001
Brian Scaddan's guides to the IEE Wiring Regulations have established themselves as an industry standard, so this new edition will be welcomed by anyone who wants to know more about the new issue of the Wiring Regs published on June 1st 2001, and mandatory from 1st January 2001.
This text is written specifically for the City & Guilds 2400 course - the qualification required for NICEIC Qualifying Manager status. It provides an understanding of basic design criteria and calculations, along with the current inspection and testing requirements, making it a vital reference guide for all contractors, technicians and other professionals involved in designing and testing electrical installations.
Brian Scaddan is a Leading Scheme Assessor, Examiner and Honorary Member of City and Guilds. He has 22 years' experience in Further Education, and is now Director of Brian Scaddan Associates, Engineering Training Consultants.
IEE Wiring Regulations
BS7261: 2001, Requirements for Electrical Installations
Changes and additions include:
· Updated section on scope and fundamental principles
· Protection against overvoltages due to atmospheric conditions or switching
· Precautions where particular fire risks exist
· Update on construction site installations
· Locations containing a bath or shower
· Extended information on circuit breakers and RCBOs
· Introduction of continuous monitoring and maintenance of electrical installations