The classic handy reference guide for everyone involved in electrical installation - contractors, designers, electricians, plumbers and students.
Brian Scaddan's guides to the IEE Wiring Regulations have established themselves as an industry standard, so this new edition will be welcomed by anyone who wants to know more about the new issue of the Wiring Regs published on June 1st 2001.
BS7671: 2001 will be the legal standard for electrical installation in the UK from 1st January 2002, and can be implemented sooner, so this book is essential reading for all contractors, electricians and related professionals and managers. All those teaching and studying City & Guilds courses will also have to comply with the new Wiring Regulations.
Used alongside the regulations themselves, this book is the key to safe and efficient electrical installation. Problems are also provided, for use as 'self-check' exercises or college assignments. This book is also a concise and popular text for the City & Guilds 2380 syllabus.
Brian Scaddan is a Leading Scheme Assessor, Examiner and Honorary Member of City and Guilds. He has 22 years' experience in Further Education, and is now Director of Brian Scaddan Associates, Engineering Training Consultants.
IEE Wiring Regulations
BS7261: 2001, Requirements for Electrical Installations
Changes and additions include:
· Updated section on scope and fundamental principles
· Protection against overvoltages due to atmospheric conditions or switching
· Precautions where particular fire risks exist
· Update on construction site installations
· Locations containing a bath or shower
· Extended information on circuit breakers and RCBOs
· Introduction of continuous monitoring and maintenance of electrical installations