Introduction to Sports Marketing is the first book to take the beginner through the sometimes baffling world of sports marketing. Written in a very accessible manner specifically for anyone at the start of their careers, this book explains the basic principles and practices of strategic marketing in the sports industry.
Unlike current books available on the market, this is aimed at the beginner and equips them with the skills to:
- apply marketing theory to the unique sports industry environment
- conduct an internal and external analysis of a sport organization in order to identify market opportunities
- apply basic skills in the identification of marketing opportunities, and the formulation of these opportunities into marketing objectives
- use a marketing framework to develop a strategic sport marketing direction
- use a marketing framework to develop a sport marketing strategy that addresses segmentation, targeting, differentiation and marketing mix variables
- utilize control and quality tools to monitor progress and introduce changes to the marketing strategy and tactics.
Packed with cases, questions, exercises, illustrations and with supporting online materials, Introduction to Sports Marketing should be the first stop on any sports manager and marketers' reading list.