This wide-ranging, up-to-date and detailed account of all aspects of public economics covers topics as varied as:
* classical theorems of welfare economics
* the theory of public expenditure
* the effects of taxation on savings, labour supply investment and risk-taking
* commodity, income and expenditure taxation
* public sector and cost-benefit analysis
* fiscal federalism.
Written by Raghbendra Jha, an author with an established reputation, this book fills the gap in literature on this topic and will be a valuable reference for undergraduates in the fields of economics and public finance.