Understand the economic, cultural, and enterprise issues facing the Arab countries of the Middle East!
Jordan is playing a vital role in the economic and political transformation of the Middle East, but little research has been done on its business climate. Management and International Business Issues in Jordan fills that gap. This groundbreaking volume spans the social, cultural, economic, and enterprise issues facing Jordan, as seen by Arab managers, academics, finance professionals, and business leaders.
Many experts believe that Jordan has the potential to become another Singapore. Management and International Business Issues in Jordan suggests ways your company can be among the first to establish profitable business enterprises in this strategically placed nation. It analyzes corporate culture and the best tactics for consolidating your firm’s economic position.
Management and International Business Issues in Jordan provides empirical research and pragmatic advice on how to make your business in Jordan a success, including:
- reducing high transaction costs
- working with, not against, the prevailing corporate culture
- understanding why multinational corporations should choose a joint venture strategy as the most effective way to establish a presence
- encouraging the growth of business and the involvement of entrepreneurs
- improving the local infrastructure to attract international investment
- responding positively to the challenges of reform and internationalization
- understanding the complex historical factors that still influence Jordan’s economy
- recognizing the sources of job satisfaction in traditional Arab corporate culture
Whether your business is based in Jordan or you are planning to expand to that market, Management and International Business Issues in Jordan provides the information you need to make your venture a success.