Improve your organization’s performance for the well-being of your clients!
Organizational and Structural Dilemmas in Nonprofit Human Service Organizations explores the common pitfalls that plague nonprofit human service organizations and cause them to fail in their missions. In this book, leading scholars analyze and evaluate the inherent difficulties that impede effectiveness in these organizations. With this wide-ranging body of knowledge, research findings, and information, you will be able to identify key areas in your organization that may become troublesome at a later date and prevent them from deteriorating.
This valuable tool also includes advice and suggestions for repairing detrimental situations that have already occurred or are taking place. The book supplies solutions for repairing or preventing any permanent damage to your organization’s structure, value, or reputation. Organizational and Structural Dilemmas in Nonprofit Human Service Organizations will help you set successful long-term strategies for your organization, despite changes in laws, programs, and public sentiment.
With this book, you will learn more about:
- the changing identity of federated community service organizations
- the role of congregations as social service providers
- volunteer and paid staff relations
- the implications of welfare-to-work programs
- the cycles of public sentiment as expressed through the media
- the issue of nonprofit executive misbehavior
- the preferences of social work graduates for employment in various sectors of the welfare economy such as for-profit as opposed to nonprofit
- the differences between for-profit and nonprofit organizations