Meeting the Needs of Your Most Able Pupils in Music covers the areas that all music teachers need to be aware of: recent government legislation, national initiatives and departmental policy. Individual titles then provide subject specific guidance, illustrated with case studies, on the following areas:
- support for more able pupils with learning difficulties (dyslexia, ADHD, sensory impairment)
- recognizing high ability or potential
- multiple intelligences/learning styles
- classroom provision
- planning differentiation, extension/enrichment
- teacher questioning skills
- recording and assessment
- beyond the classroom: visits, residentials, competitions, summer schools, masterclasses, links with universities, businesses and other organizations.
For secondary teachers, subject heads of Departments, Gifted and Talented coordinators, SENCOs and LEA advisers.