Fundamental Building Technology introduces the technology, methods, and processes fundamental to construction by focussing on what is involved in building a typical low-rise house. Written with the novice in mind, this textbook is the ideal starting point for any construction student, as it fully supports the reader all the way to understanding the functional requirements of each element of the building, and how to take these into account through the building process itself.
This second edition is expanded to cover even more relevant topics, and is supported by more resources for use by the student and lecturer. Now included are:
- An introduction to the planning process and the building regulations
- How to incorporate a sustainable approach, in the selection of materials and elsewhere
- A companion site with lecturer’s answers manual and illustrated lecture notes
- 150 labelled diagrams throughout the book, and multiple self-study questions in every chapter
- A students’ section of the companion site with multiple choice quizzes and 250 full-colour photos linked to chapters of the book
Concise, focussed and the most student-friendly guide to this topic available, Fundamental Building Technology is the perfect textbook for those taking construction technology modules at undergraduate or HNC/HND level.