Social Work and Social Care has been revised and updated to take into account the profound changes that have occurred in social work over the past two years, in particular the extensive legislative changes to childrens and community care services. A new chapter examines the relevance of social exclusion for social work and continues to affirm the importance of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice within social work.
Social Work and Social Care:
* outlines the importance of social policy for social work
* describes the powerful ideological forces that underpin current practice
* considers the future of social work and social care within * altered social and political contexts
* covers all main areas of social work
* includes a glossary and useful website addresses.
This book is essential reading for students approaching the study of social work, social care and social policy and includes the most current research available.