Covering all the basics and more, this book is a concise and accessible introduction for students new to the study of the European Union, and for the general reader wanting to understand this increasingly important subject. Including useful boxes, tables and a glossary of all theoretical terms used, each highly structured chapter contains key learning points, making it an ideal guide for those with no prior knowledge of the subject.
Key content includes:
* the evolution of European integration
* institutions and decision-making in the European Union
* key policies of the European Union
* current controversies in European integration
* Which future for the European Union?