Presenting specialized biological information on what cancer is, this book looks at how it damages the body, and how cancer treatments work. Engaging, accessible and illustrated throughout, this unique text:
- explains the basic biology of cancer
- discusses the biology of the wide range of common cancers
- identifies and explains the biological causes of cancer
- explains drug action in chemotherapy and analgesia
- explains the link between diet and cancer, and how diet is important in cancer therapy
- discusses the biological basis of a range of nursing skills linked to cancer.
Providing nurses with the essential knowledge required for working with cancer patients and their families, this book will enable them to work with current and new forms of cancer treatment.