5 Pages


So you want to design and construct an extension on a property. Where do you start? What are the procedures?

For small extensions there are two main controlling bodies, the local planning department and the local building control officer. These departments are completely separate even though in many cases they come under the Head of Technical Services at your local council. More information on these two departments is given later.