Answer “yes” or “no” to whether you’ve experienced any of these thoughts, feelings, or behaviors when you’ve been on a diet.
When I’m on a d ie t . . .
1. I feel more depressed, low or blue than when I’m not on a diet. yes no
2. I get easily irritated or annoyed by little things that might not otherwise irritate me. yes no
3. I cry more easily than usual. yes no
4. I sometimes choose not to go out or be with my friends because I’m worried that I’ll eat. yes no
5. I think about food and what I’m going to eat all the time. yes no
6. I think I’m “good” if I eat very little and I feel ashamed and disgusted with myself if I eat more than I’ve told myself I should eat (or if I eat a food which I think is “bad”; i.e., not on my diet).