Now in a new format Speaking Frames: How to Teaching Talk for Writing: Ages 8-10 brings together material from Sue Palmer’s popular Speaking Frames books for years 3 and 4. Providing an innovative and effective answer to the problem of teaching speaking and listening, this book offers a range of speaking frames for children to orally ‘fill in’ developing their language patterns and creativity, and boosting their confidence in talk for learning and talk for writing. Fully updated, this book offers:
- material for individual, paired and group presentations
- links to cross-curricular ‘Skeletons’
- support notes for teachers and assessment guidance
- advice on flexible progression and working to a child’s ability
- suggestions for developing individual pupils' spoken language skills.
With a wealth of photocopiable sheets and creative ideas for speaking and listening, Speaking Frames: How to Teaching Talk for Writing: Ages 8-10 is essential reading for all practising, trainee and recently qualified teachers who wish to develop effective speaking and listening in their classroom.