Spon’s A & B Price Book is the most detailed, professionally relevant source of construction price information currently available for the UK. With competition growing fiercer throughout the industry and with recent pressure on materials due to rising commodity prices, the A & B's unique Tender Index and checks against tenders are more valuable than ever before.
This is the only price book that gives a detailed cost base in a way that allows adjustment for market conditions that affect building prices for Major Works contracts exceeding £3,300,000 in value.
Buyers of this 2008 edition can make a FREE internet download of Spon’s Architects’ and Builders’ price data, which will run to the end of 2008 and:
– Access Spon’s new Approximate Estimates rate data, as well as the Measured Works data
– Produce estimate and tender documents
– Generate priced or unpriced schedules
– Adjust rates and data and enter rogue items
– Export schedules into Excel
– View the complete book ‘on screen’
– Carry out an index search
Three major changes have been made to this 133rd edition:
1. All sections have re-arranged to place more emphasis on the Approximate Estimates section
2. A new section deals with Sustainability, including indicative costs
3. A list of useful web-sites of comparative prices is given at the end of Tables and Memoranda.
As well as updating of all prices, this 133rd edition includes the following additional Measured Works items:
– Additional high quality balustrades
– PVC wall linings
– Rainscreen cladding
– Resin-bonded gravel
– SAS suspended ceilings
– Self-levelling screeds
– ‘Speedfit’ pipes and fittings
– Tapered insulation boards
– Waterproofing membranes
– Window refurbishment
together with a further expansion of the Approximate Estimates section.
…plus all the standard features you have come to expect from Spon’s A & B:
– 20 000 prices for the most frequently specified items, the majority with labour constant details
– Almost 600 pages of Major and Minor Works items
– Hundreds of alternative materials prices, easily substituted into the build-up calculations, for the more unusual items
– Detailed guidance on wage rates, daywork, cost limits and allowances, property insurance and professional fees, plus useful formulae, design criteria and trade association addresses
– Updated, free of charge, every four months – see enclosed card to register. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk