What does the novice practitioner or the experienced practitioner moving into child care work from another sector need to know to practice effectively? What skills do they need to call on?
In this valuable addition to The Social Work Skills Series, Stella Coleman and Corinne May-Chahal bring together their considerable teaching and practice experience to provide a reliable and practical guide to child protection work. Topics covered include:
- the legal and procedural context
- the professional context
- explanatory theoretical frameworks and models of practice
- managing risk
- evidence-based practice
- social work interventions
- parents, carers and families
- continuing professional development.
This is an essential text for all students, teachers and professionals working with children and families.