A2 Drama and Theatre Studies: The Essential Introduction for Edexcel builds on the skills developed during the AS year to provide clear and informative guidance to Units 3 and 4 of the specification. The textbook provides further information on rehearsing, performing, directing and textual analysis, together with new material on deconstructing a script, devising theatre and preparing for the final examination. Features of the text include:
- overviews of specification and assessment requirements
- written and practical exercises
- a glossary of useful words and terms
- in-depth analysis of the three key plays – Dr Faustus, Lysistrata and Woyzeck
- extension exercises to stretch the more able student
- worked examples to illustrate best practice
- sources for further study
- advice on study after A Level.
Written by a chief examiner and a principal moderator, this book and its companion volume for AS Level offer informed and supportive exercises to ensure that students reach their maximum potential in achieving A Level success.