The Routledge Companion to Nazi Germany combines a concise narrative overview with chronological, bibliographical and tabular information to cover all major aspects of Nazi Germany. This user-friendly guide provides a comprehensive survey of key topics such as the origins and consolidation of the Nazi regime, the Nazi dictatorship in action, Nazi foreign policy, the Second World War, the Holocaust, the opposition to the regime and the legacy of Nazism. Features include:
- detailed chronologies
- a discussion of Nazi ideology
- succinct historiographical overview with more detailed information on more than sixty major historians of Nazism
- biographies of 150 leading figures of Nazi Germany
- a glossary of terms, concepts and acronyms
- maps and tables
- a concise thematic bibliography of works on the Third Reich.
This indispensable reference guide to the history and historiography of Nazi Germany will appeal to students, teachers and general readers alike.