Have you ever wondered what the Montessori approach is all about and whether it can be used to benefit the young children in your setting? This book will answer all your questions and more. It includes:
- details about the Montessori approach
- examples from specialist Montessori schools and nurseries
- examples of non-specialist settings implementing Montessori principles for the benefit of the children
- practical activities
- advice on planning and assessment methods.
1. Background 2. The Montessori Approach 3. The Montessori Early Years Curriculum 4. Montessori and the Foundation Stage Appendix 1: How the Early Learning Goals are met at a Montessori Nursery Appendix 2: Montessori Activities and Materials Appendix 3: Further Reading