This practical and accessible workbook is designed to support student teachers as they develop their basic teaching skills and increase their broader knowledge and understanding for teaching science. Newly qualified and beginning teachers should also find it useful.
It contains all the advice, guidance and resources new and student science teachers need to reflect on and develop their teaching practice, helping them to plan lessons across the subject in a variety of teaching situations. Helpful features include:
- case studies
- examples of pupils’ work
- examples of existing good practice
- a range of tried-and-tested teaching strategies
- photocopiable resources and training materials
- activities in each chapter to help student history teachers analyse their learning and performance
- web links for further reading on evidence-based practice.