Meeting the Needs of Your Most Able Pupils: Science provides specific guidance on:
- recognising high ability and multiple intelligences
- planning, differentiation and extension/enrichment
- teacher questioning skills
- support for more able pupils with special educational needs (dyslexia, ADHD, sensory impairment)
- recording and assessment
- beyond the classroom: visits, competitions, summer schools, masterclasses, links with universities, businesses and other organisations.
This book includes comprehensive appendices with linked resources available online that feature:
- useful contacts and resources
- lesson plans
- liaison sheets for Teaching Assistants
- homework activities
- monitoring sheets.
This book is an essential resource for secondary teachers, subject heads of departments, Leading Teachers for G&T Education (Gifted and Talented co-ordinators), SENCos and LA advisers.