JOHN GOLDEN THEATER · (1) 202 W. 58th Street. Architect: Harrison G. Wiseman. Opening: November 1, 1926; Two Girls Wanted (transfer from the Little Th eatre). Th e ﬁ rst John Golden Th eater opened at 202 W. 58th Street between Broadway and Seventh Avenue with the play Two Girls Wanted. Harrison G. Wiseman was the architect for this theater. Th e building had a stormy future. On September 17, 1935, the theater’s name was changed to the 58th Street Th eater with the play Few Are Chosen. Th e name was changed again to the Filmarte on September 20, 1936, with the movie La Kermess Heroique. On April 2, 1940, with the movie Th e Life of Giuseppe Verdi, the name was changed again to the Fine Arts Th eater. On February 14, 1942, the theater brieﬂ y returned to a legitimate policy under the name the Concert Th eater with the musical revue Of V We Sing. Th e show starred Betty Garrett and Phil Leeds but only lasted seventy-six performances. Th e Concert Th eater became the Rock Church in 1943. It became a theater again on January 15, 1946, when it was renamed the 58th Street Th eater. In Apri1 1946, the theater became an ABC Radio Th eater. On January 28, 1948, the movie Fanny opened at the theater, now named the Elysee.