This is the essential student’s guide to Design – its practice, its theory and its history. Drawing from a wide range of international examples, respected design writer Catherine McDermott explores key topics including:
- international design – from Europe to Africa
- design history – from Art Nouveau to punk
- sustainable design, recycling and green design
- design theory – from semiotics to gender, to postcolonialism
- design technology, graphic design and the web.
Fully cross-referenced, with up-to-date guides for further reading, Design: The Key Concepts is an indispensable reference for students of design, design history, fashion, art and visual culture.