Scientists and researchers from top labs around the world share their expertise!
This unique text integrates tree transgenesis, functional genomics, and structural genomics to present, for the first time, a unified approach to research on the molecular biology of forest trees. A distinguished panel of scientists, researchers, and educators from around the world have combined their efforts to present the most up-to-date information and make Molecular Genetics and Breeding of Forest Trees an important addition to your professional or teaching collection. Helpful tables and figures make important points easy to access and understand.
To make it easier to find the specific information you’re looking for, Molecular Genetics and Breeding of Forest Trees is divided into four sections: Forest Tree Functional Genomics, Molecular Biology of Wood Formation, Forest Tree Transgenesis, and Genome Mapping in Forest Trees. Within these sections, you’ll find the most up-to-date information on:
- functional genomics
- EST databases
- proteomics in forest trees
- genomics of wood formation and in vitro systems for the study of wood formation
- genetic transformation of forest trees
- stable expression of foreign genes
- modification of flowering in forest trees
- genome mapping in forest trees
- microsatellite DNA markers in forest trees
- exploring the transcriptome of the ectomycorrhizal symbiosis in trees