From the standpoint of practising engineers, architects and contractors, the law of contract is the most important one and, from preparation of technical documents to its execution and in the determination of disputes, the engineer or architect must have relevant knowledge. This book acts as a practical guide to building and engineering contracts. All points are explained with illustrations gathered from decided court cases. This book covers the substantive law of contract applicable to building and engineering contracts with updated noteworthy judgments. FIDIC conditions are mentioned at appropriate places with a global focus.
- Guide for a full and thorough understanding of the contractual undertakings of the civil engineering industry, primarily in India
- Discusses specific conditions which are fertile sources of disputes, referring to and commenting upon the FIDIC conditions
- Covers internationally adopted standard form conditions of contract with analysis, discussions and interpretations, with decided court cases from India and abroad
- Focuses on technical civil engineering aspects
- Addresses cases from countries including UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India