The goal of this book is to prepare safety and health professionals to recognize and address human resource issues, applicable laws and regulations, as well as change management techniques used to alter the safety culture within their operations. This book will provide awareness to avoid or address HR related policies/issues/laws which can result in costly litigation, grievances, and other negative implications. The book will address the "pitfalls" for safety professionals to avoid as well as provide the methodology to attain the cultural change necessary to achieve and maintain safety performance.
- Prepares safety professionals how to avoid or address HR issues and laws
- Provides awareness of applicable labor and employment laws and regulations
- Covers change management skills applicable to the safety function
- Enables the safety professional to recognize legal requirements from everyday questions asked by employees
- Helps safety professionals to prevent becoming entangled in legal issues resulting from their actions or inactions