This book covers the issues related to optimization of engineering and management problems using soft computing techniques with an industrial outlook. It covers a broad area related to real life complex decision making problems using a heuristics approach. It also explores a wide perspective and future directions in industrial engineering research on a global platform/scenario. The book highlights the concept of optimization, presents various soft computing techniques, offers sample problems, and discusses related software programs complete with illustrations.
- Explains the concept of optimization and relevance to soft computing techniques towards optimal solution in engineering and management
- Presents various soft computing techniques
- Offers problems and their optimization using various soft computing techniques
- Discusses related software programs, with illustrations
- Provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to handle relevant software for obtaining the optimal solution to various engineering problems