This fully revised and updated third edition of Pharmaceutical Inhalation Aerosol Technology encompasses the scientific and technical foundation for the rationale, design, componentry, assembly and quality performance metrics of therapeutic inhalers in their delivery of pharmaceutical aerosols to treat symptoms or the underlying causes of disease. It focuses on the importance of pharmaceutical engineering as a foundational element of all inhaler products and their application to pulmonary drug delivery. The expanded scope considers previously unaddressed aspects of pharmaceutical inhalation aerosol technology and the patient interface by including aerosol delivery, lung deposition and clearance that are used as measures of effective dose delivery.
- Provides a thoroughly revised and expanded reference with authoritative discussions on the physiologic,pharmacologic, metabolic, molecular, cellular and physicochemical factors, influencing the efficacy and utilization of pharmaceutical aerosols
- Emphasizes the importance of pharmaceutical engineering as a foundational element of all inhaler products and their application to pulmonary drug delivery
- Addresses the physics, chemistry and engineering principles while establishing disease relevance
- Expands the ‘technology’ focus of the original volumes to address the title more directly
- Offers an impressive breadth of coverage as well as an international flavour from outstanding editors and contributors