This new volume, Biofertilizers and Biopesticides in Sustainable Agriculture, presents strategies for the management of soil and crop diseases. Microbes have attracted worldwide attention due to their role in disease management and remediation of polluted soils. Taking a sustainable approach, this book explores the means of integrating various microbial management approaches to achieve the desired levels of crop yield under both conventional soils and neglected soils through the use of biopesticides and other botanicals as well as biomolecules. This book also presents a broad and updated view of molecular nitrogen fixation and phosphate-solubilizing and sulfur-transforming microbes for nutrition of crops in relation to the role of metal tolerant microbes in providing protection to plants grown in metal-contaminated soils.
The preparation and application of biofertilizers, utilization of household waste materials, and use of genetically modified microorganisms (GMOs) in plant growth and development are also well discussed in the volume.
1. General Introduction of Bio-Inputs vs. Chemical Inputs in Agriculture and Ill Effects
Deepti Srivastava et al.
2. Bacterial Biopesticides and Their Use in Agricultural Production
Kumari Apurva et al.
3. Fungal Biopesticides and Their Uses for Control of Insect Pest and Diseases
Deepak Kumar et al.
4. Viral Biopesticides: An Effective and Environment-Friendly Approach to Control Insects
Naga Teja Natra et al.
5. Control of Insect Pest Through Biomolecules and Traps
Anurag Mishra et al.
6. PGPRs for the Control of Soil-Borne Diseases
Pooja Verma et al.
7. Botanicals and Their Application in Control of Insect Pests
Salman Ahmad et al.
8. Symbiotic Nitrogen Fixation and Pulses Yield
Rambalak Nirala et al.
9. Free Living Nitrogen Fixation and Their Response to Agriculture Crops
Parveen Fatima et al.
10. Associative Nitrogen Fixation
Manuraj Pandey et al.
11. Cyanobacteria and Azolla in Rice Cultivation: Improving Biological N2 Fixation System in Rice
Dharmendra Kumar Verma and Santosh Kumar Patel
12. Phosphorus Availability to Crops through Phosphate Solubilizing Microorganisms
B. D. Kaushik et al.
13. Availability of Potash, Iron, Zinc, and Sulfur to Crop through Microbial Resources
Pankaj Kumar, Rima Kumari, and Avinash Kumar
14. Sulfur Cycle in Agricultural Soil: Microbiological Aspects
Bholanath Saha et al.
15. Utilization of Mycorrhizal Fungi in the Mobilization of Macro and Micro Nutrients to Important Pulses and Oil-Seed Crops
Pratibha Laad, Hemant S. Maheshwari, and Mahaveer P. Sharma
16. Integrated Use of Bioferilizers and Biopesticides in Crop Production
Veena Pande and Tara Singh Bisht
17. Fungal Bio-Pesticides: A Novel Tool for Management of Plant Parasitic Nematodes
Erayya et al.
18. Soil-Heavy Metal Toxicity Reduction by Bioagents/Living Organisms
Abha Kumari et al.
19. Metagenomics for Soil Health
Mahesh Kumar et al.
20. Use of Household Waste Materials for Biofertilizer Development
Md. Shamim et al.
21. Genetically Modified Micro-Organisms for Sustainable Soil Health Management: A Biotechnological Approach
Md. Shamim et al.