Aimed at undergraduate-level courses, this brand-new textbook provides an overview of Middle Eastern politics, offering in-depth examination of the forces of stability, change, uncertainty, and progress in the region.
Building on both historical and contemporary analysis, the chapters are timely, engaging, and provocative, covering topics such as:
- Turmoil and transition in Middle Eastern politics
- The Arab-Israeli conflict
- The Persian Gulf and global security
- The rise of the internet
- Terrorism and the Islamic State
- US-Iran relations
- The role of new regional players, such as China, India, and Russia
- Increasing investment in wind and solar energy in the post-carbon era.
Providing a unique perspective on the major themes and current state of knowledge about the region, this new textbook will be invaluable to students of Middle Eastern politics.