Finite element analysis has been widely applied to study biomedical problems. This book aims to simulate some common medical problems using finite element advanced technologies, which establish a base for medical researchers to conduct further investigations.
This book consists of four main parts: (1) bone, (2) soft tissues, (3) joints, and (4) implants. Each part starts with the structure and function of the biology and then follows the corresponding finite element advanced features, such as anisotropic nonlinear material, multidimensional interpolation, XFEM, fiber enhancement, UserHyper, porous media, wear, and crack growth fatigue analysis. The final section presents some specific biomedical problems, such as abdominal aortic aneurysm, intervertebral disc, head impact, knee contact, and SMA cardiovascular stent. All modeling files are attached in the appendixes of the book.
This book will be helpful to graduate students and researchers in the biomedical field who engage in simulations of biomedical problems. The book also provides all readers with a better understanding of current advanced finite element technologies.
- Details finite element modeling of bone, soft tissues, joints, and implants
- Presents advanced finite element technologies, such as fiber enhancement, porous media, wear, and crack growth fatigue analysis
- Discusses specific biomedical problems, such as abdominal aortic aneurysm, intervertebral disc, head impact, knee contact, and SMA cardiovascular stent
- Explains principles for modeling biology
- Provides various descriptive modeling files