Visualization is a suﬃciently mature ﬁeld that many groups of researchers
are dedicating time to contemplate and predict the future directions for it.
Many such research agendas have been published in recent years, including:
• Chris Johnson’s list of top problems in scientiﬁc visualization ;
• Chaomei Chen’s list of top unsolved problems in information visualization ;
• MacEachren and Kraak’s report on research challenges in geovisualization ;
• the NVAC research and development agenda for visual analytics ;
• the NIH/NSF visualization research challenges report ;
• the Grand Challenge in Information Visualization panel .