chapter  3
27 Pages

Consultations and agreements

Depending upon the type of project, consultation will be undertaken by a local authority (or its appointed consultant) or by a developer. In the case of schemes such as traffic calming measures and other local authority projects, the consultations are normally carried out by the local authority involved, although with privatisation and competitive tendering the local authority may have its own consultant to undertake these works on its behalf. In the case of private sector schemes, most of the consultations will be undertaken by either the developer or the developer's consultant.