Historical Wig Styling: Ancient Egypt to the 1830s, Second Edition is a guide to creating beautiful, historically accurate hairstyles for theatrical productions and events.
This volume covers hairstyles from Ancient Egypt through Romantic/Biedermeier styles of the 1820s and 30s. Chapters begin with an overview of historic figures who influenced the look of each period and their styles, followed by step-by-step instructions and photographs showing the finished look from every angle. The book also explores the necessary supplies and styling products needed to create the perfect coif, tips for proper wig handling, a brief history of the makeup for each historical period, and basic styling techniques useful when working with wigs or real hair. New hairstyles featured in this edition include:
- Ancient Egyptian male dreadlocks
- Ancient Grecian male curls
- Ancient Roman braided goddess
- Braided Medieval lady
- Regency hairstyle with a Classical influence
With over 1,000 full-color images and detailed instructions on how to create iconic hairstyles and makeup, Historical Wig Styling: Ancient Egypt to the 1830s is an excellent resource for professional costume designers and wig makers, as well as for students of Costume Design and Wig Making and styling courses.
1. Introduction to Wig Styling Techniques 2. Ancient Egyptian Era, 3500 BC-300 BC 3. Ancient Greece, 2900 BC-200 BC 4. Ancient Roman styling, 600 BC-476 AD 5. Medieval Ages, 476-13TH Century 6. Renaissance Era, 1350-1550 7. The Elizabethan Era,1500-1603 8. The Cavalier/Jacobean Period, 1603-1660s 9. Restoration/Baroque Era, 1660-1710 10. Georgian/Rococo Period, 1711-1789 11. Regency/Empire Period, 1789-1820 12. Romantic/Biedermeier Period, 1820-1830s Appendix 1. Glossary of hairstyling terms Appendix 2. List of Historical Films set in each era Appendix 3. List of Wig and Hair Suppliers