The book addresses the system performance with a focus on the network-enhanced complexities and developing the engineering-oriented design framework of controllers and filters with potential applications in system sciences, control engineering and signal processing areas. Therefore, it provides a unified treatment on the analysis and synthesis for discrete-time stochastic systems with guarantee of certain performances against network-enhanced complexities with applications in sensor networks and mobile robotics. Such a result will be of great importance in the development of novel control and filtering theories including industrial impact.
- Provides original methodologies and emerging concepts to deal with latest issues in the control and filtering with an emphasis on a variety of network-enhanced complexities
- Gives results of stochastic control and filtering distributed control and filtering, and security control of complex networked systems
- Captures the essence of performance analysis and synthesis for stochastic control and filtering
- Concepts and performance indexes proposed reflect the requirements of engineering practice
- Methodologies developed in this book include backward recursive Riccati difference equation approach and the discrete-time version of input-to-state stability in probability