Understanding the basics of financial accounting can be a tricky task to master. This practical guidebook provides an overview of the fundamental principles in a jargon-free and simple format.
Financial Accounting: The Basics provides concise overviews of the key financial accounting topics supplemented by practical examples and exercises to enable readers to test their knowledge and understanding in bite-sized chunks. In empowering students to learn at their own pace, the book enhances course learning to maximise chances of overall success. Topics covered include:
- The interpretation of financial statements and the accounting equation
- Processing accounting information
- Accounting for inventories
- Non-current assets and depreciation
- Cash flow statements and analysis
With the latest coverage of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) terminology, and separate chapters on cash flow statements and ratio analysis, Ilias Basioudis's text will be valuable reading for new students of accounting.