Health and medical uses of ginseng is broad due to its adaptogenic properties, it is an effective tonic. Ginseng can be used to improve mental and physical performance, reduce stress, and increase longevity. This book covers the properties and uses of four varieties of ginseng in the world with focus on American and Asian types of ginseng. This books discusses healing properties of ginseng, growing ginseng plants, chemical, nutritional, medical and pharmacological properties, detoxification, longevity and proper usage of the root.
• Discusses four types of ginseng, chemical compositions, clinical and pharmacological uses
• Presents various clinical uses of ginseng, covering more than 40 diseases and conditions
• Covers traditional Chinese medicine related history of the use of ginseng in China, and the discovery of both Asian and American ginseng.
• Teaches users how to use different kinds of ginseng for health maintenance
• Discusses ginseng use in cold, flu prevention, cancer, diabetes, low energy/lethargy, and erectile dysfunction