As the basic questions of social structure were elucidated there came a quickening of interest among social anthropologists in the study of religion. Chapters in this book include:
· Religion as a Cultural System (Clifford Geertz)
· Colour Classification in Ndembu Religion (Victor W. Turner)
· Religion: Problems of Definition and Explanation (Melford E. Spiro)
· Fathers, Elders and Ghosts in Edo Religion (R.E. Bradbury)
· Territorial Groupings and Relgion among the Iraqw (Edward H. Winter).
First published in 1966.