An entry level introduction to valuation methodology, this book gives a straightforward narrative treatment to the subject matter with a multitude of examples and illustrations, contained in an easy to read format.
There is a strong emphasis on the practical aspects of valuation, as well as on the principles and application of the full range of valuation methods. This book will serve as an important text for students new to the topic and experienced practitioners alike. Topics covered include:
- property ownership
- concepts of value
- the role of the valuer
- property inspection
- property markets and economics
- residential property prices and the economy
- commercial and industrial property
- methods of valuation
- conventional freehold investment valuations
- conventional leasehold investment valuations
- discounted cash flow
- contemporary growth explicit methods of valuation
- principles of property investment.