The Role of the Hospitality Industry in the Lives of Individuals and Families explores the evolution of the hospitality industry and the relationships between hospitality providers, their families, and the guests they serve. Focusing on the human aspect of the business, this text will give hospitality providers a better understanding of the human relations issues that they or their employees may face and show them how your services affect guests. Offering research and insight into customs and traditions that have influenced modern services, The Role of the Hospitality Industry in the Lives of Individuals and Families will teach you how to better meet the needs of guests at the national or international level while learning how the industry affects employees and their lives outside of work.
The Role of the Hospitality Industry in the Lives of Individuals and Families discusses many different themes that relate to the improvement of the profession for both guests and employees, such as the spiritual, philosophical, and historical provisions of hospitality; the human resource and work issues of employees in the industry; consumer and family demands; and marketing strategies for hospitality organizations. In addition, this text discusses many issues that affect guests and that affect you as an employer or employee, such as:
- responding to the needs of travelers for a “home away from home”
- dealing with the social and health issues of guests
- recognizing the changing food habits of Americans and their impact on the hospitality industry
- examining the frequently negative attitude of Americans toward service hospitality employees
- balancing a career in the hospitality industry and family life
- researching the frequency of fast food patronage by older adults and the importance of hotel/motel services to older adults to determine if areas of service need improvement
- protecting employees from overly demanding guests
- balancing compassion, generosity, and idealism with the corporate profit maximization mandate
The Role of the Hospitality Industry in the Lives of Individuals and Families also examines the cultural relationships fostered by the hospitality industry as a benefit and proof of quality services. Complete with ideas for further research, this text will help you and your employees evaluate the personal effects of the hospitality industry and help provide better services to guests.