MATLAB® has become one of the prominent languages used in research and industry and often described as "the language of technical computing". The focus of this book will be to highlight the use of MATLAB® in technical computing; or more specifically, in solving problems in Process Simulations. This book aims to bring a practical approach to expounding theories: both numerical aspects of stability and convergence, as well as linear and nonlinear analysis of systems.
The book is divided into three parts which are laid out with a "Process Analysis" viewpoint. First part covers system dynamics followed by solution of linear and nonlinear equations, including Differential Algebraic Equations (DAE) while the last part covers function approximation and optimization. Intended to be an advanced level textbook for numerical methods, simulation and analysis of process systems and computational programming lab, it covers following key points
• Comprehensive coverage of numerical analyses based on MATLAB for chemical process examples.
• Includes analysis of transient behavior of chemical processes.
• Discusses coding hygiene, process animation and GUI exclusively.
• Treatment of process dynamics, linear stability, nonlinear analysis and function approximation through contemporary examples.
• Focus on simulation using MATLAB to solve ODEs and PDEs that are frequently encountered in process systems.