There are 8 to 12 marks for comprehension. This chapter is about understanding and interpreting written material ranging from government documents to reports on developments in teaching and learning.
You will be tested on your ability to:
• identify the key points in a text
• tell fact from opinion
• make inferences from a text and draw deductions
• identify the readership for a text
• read a text and select speciﬁed information from it
• evaluate the validity of statements
• complete a list
• explain the meaning of words and sentences
• select headings for particular sections of the passage.