Many practice-based researchers have expert knowledge of doing research but often experience difficulties when writing it up and communicating the significance of what they have done. This book aims to help bridge the gap. Packed with practical advice and strong theoretical resources it takes you through the basics of designing and producing your text so that it will meet established standards and high quality assurance expectations.
Divided into 3 distinctive parts, key points include:
- understanding writing practices
- engaging with the literatures
- how to write up a project report or dissertation
- how writing is judged in terms of professional and academic writing practices
- developing ideas for further study and publication
Writing up Your Action Research Project is an essential text for practitioners on professional education and undergraduate courses across disciplines who want their writing to reflect the excellence of their research. It is the ideal companion to the author’s You and Your Action Research Project,now in its fourth edition.