Modern Welsh: A Comprehensive Grammar is the ideal reference source for all speakers and learners of Welsh. Focusing on contemporary spoken Welsh, itpresents the complexities of the language in a concise and readable form. Common grammatical patterns and parts of speech are discussed in detail and without jargon and extensive cross references make the book comprehensive and easy to use.
Now in its third edition, the Grammar has been thoroughly revised and updated throughout. Changes include an increased number of illustrative examples, additional appendices for easy reference, inclusion of IPA phonetic symbols, and expanded sections on further reading.
- Full use of authentic examples
- Particular attention to areas of confusion and difficulty
- Extensive index and cross referencing
- Initial consonant mutations marked throughout
- Separate sections on communicative functions
- Notes on variation between dialects and on formal written language
Modern Welsh: A Comprehensive Grammar is the most thorough, detailed and user-friendly Welsh grammar available in English today. It is suitable for use in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes at all levels and will, as its predecessors, prove an invaluable aid for Welsh language learning and teaching.