Written by one of the leading scholars of global politics, Globalization Revisited is a major new book for students of globalization. It describes and explains the challenges to liberalism and the global order as result of globalizing forces - from financial interconnectedness to the growth of religious fundamentalisms.
- provides a detailed analysis of the economic and financial aspects of globalization;
- examines the changes to global power and governance created by globalization including its effect on the sovereignty of the nation state;
- discusses recent trends such as the increased use of networks and social media;
- assesses the rise of globalizing fundamentalism;
- analyzes the challenges to globalization posed by contemporary events such as the global financial crisis.
This book will be essential reading for all students of globalization, and will be of great interest to students of global politics and global governance.